Welcome to the news page. Here you will find the latest news from the UK and the World and also Sport news. Keep checking back for updates each day.
Last updated: 03/10/14Edit
- UK Prime Minister David Cameron tells new Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani that Britain will always be a "strong partner and good friend"
- Justice Secretary Chris Grayling says Tory plans to stop British laws being overruled by human rights rulings from Strasbourg are "viable and legal".
- Thai Police say two Burmese men have apparently confessed to killing British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller on Koh Tao island.
- The BBC's Question Time is criticised by the sister of Alice Gross after it featured a question relating to the murdered schoolgirl.
- Police forces are struggling to cope with the mountain of child abuse images they have to deal with, according to children's charity the NSPCC.
- Protesters blockading key parts of Hong Kong agree to talks with the government, hours after Chief Executive CY Leung rejected calls to step down.
- JP Morgan says it suffered a massive cyber attack affecting 76 million private and seven million business customers in the US.
- The Red Cross condemns indiscriminate shelling in eastern Ukraine after one of its employees is killed in the rebel-held city of Donetsk.
- Australian PM Tony Abbott urges a rethink of plans to ban women who cover their faces from sitting in the main public galleries of parliament.
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says Danny Welbeck is "electric" after his hat-trick in the 4-1 win against Galatasaray.
- The Japanese GP could be called off if Typhoon Phanfone hits Japan on Sunday, says Force India driver Sergio Perez.
- Yorkshire batsmen Adam Lyth and Alex Lees are named the PCA's player and young player of the year respectively.
- Pramac Racing have signed Danilo Petrucci for the 2015 and 2016 MotoGP™ seasons.
- Dennis Kimetto receives a hero's welcome on returning to Kenya after his world record-breaking run at the Berlin Marathon.
- Britain's Shelley Rudman will not defend her world title next year as she is expecting her second child with Kristan Bromley.
- Two-time World Championship finalist Ali Carter postpones his planned return after undergoing chemotherapy.
- Jess Varnish claims her second title of the National Championships with victory's in the women's sprint in Manchester.
- Four-time champion Novak Djokovic beats Canada's Vasek Pospisil to claim his 21st consecutive win at the China Open.
- World number one Rory McIlroy is voted PGA Tour Player of the Year for a second time after winning two majors in 2014.
- Exeter Chiefs flanker Tom Johnson is set to undergo neck surgery, forcing him to miss England's autumn internationals.